The event aims to discuss how EU policy can help to improve soil management and support the effective implementation of soil biodiversity conservation measures. Such skills are key to strengthen the resilience of farms against the impacts of climate change and other external pressures, and ultimately to ensure food security for the whole society.
The event will share insights from the SOILGUARD Horizon 2020 project on the links between soil management, soil biodiversity, soil multifunctionality and human wellbeing and will prompt debate on how to best apply this knowledge to policy in the EU.
- ecosystem services | nature-based solutions
- Tuesday 6 June 2023, 10:00 - 12:00 (CEST)
- Online only
The agenda will include:
- A presentation of relevant EU policies for soil
- A presentation of SOILGUARD’s insights on soil biodiversity
- A panel discussion on ways forward to promote soil biodiversity